- 1 What does Snapchat’s GTS stand for?
- 2 How to Text a Response to “GTS”
- 3 On Snapchat, how do you respond to “GTS”?
- 4 Alternative Definitions for “GTS”
- 5 Final Words
“GTS” is a well-known abbreviation with a few different meanings, but what does it signify when used in text or on Snapchat? It can be difficult to remember all of the many slang acronyms, but we’ve got you covered! We’ll go through all of the numerous definitions of “GTS” in this post and teach you how to use it in your own messages so you’re up to date on the current language.
Using Bitmojis on Snapchat has been a popular fad in recent years, allowing people to design stickers that reflect their personality. Apart from that, the app’s numerous fascinating features, such as Snap Map, 3D Bitmoji, games, and others, effectively engage the global audience. Users choose to use this software for talking since it includes a unique privacy protection technique that simplifies the process. Many users utilize slangs like GTS, GTG, LOL, and others when sending Snaps, which can be confusing to new users who are unfamiliar with the terms. If you’re curious about what GTS and GTG stand for, as well as what GTS means on Snapchat, here’s everything you need to know.
What does Snapchat’s GTS stand for?
Many people who are unfamiliar with Snapchat text slangs find it difficult to comprehend abbreviated forms like G.T.S. When you don’t understand texts like G.T.S and others, it can be tough to respond. When they try to look up the meaning of G.T.S on Google, some of the results say “Go To Sleep,” which isn’t the word most people use on Snapchat when chatting, since many people use “Go 2 Sleep” instead. “Good Times” is the supposed meaning of G.T.S on Snapchat. This slang is commonly used to end a conversation on a positive note or to simply express that life is good or that you are having a good time.
Over text, “GTS” commonly signifies “go to sleep.”
If you’re texting or direct messaging late at night, this is frequently the case. It’s a conversation ender in this case, indicating that one or both of you need to get some rest. This abbreviation is rarely spoken aloud in casual conversation. Example:
- “I can’t believe it’s already midnight,” they say.
- “It’s time for you to gts!” you say.
What does “GTS” on Snapchat stand for?
The most common meaning of “G.T.S” (or “gts”) on Snapchat is “good times.” The “S” makes “times” plural, but it has no meaning on its own. It’s used to reminisce over a happy memory or to close a nice chat. It can be used as a photo caption or in direct communications. Consider the following scenario:
- “Do you recall Johnny’s birthday celebration from last year?” you ask.
- They are: “Yes, that was a blast! There are gts all over the place.”
How to Apply “GTS” to Text
To end a conversation and say goodbye, say “GTS.” After a long conversation with someone, you’ll normally use this around bedtime. You can either tell the other person to go to sleep or announce that you’re going to sleep.
- You are: “Tomorrow I have to get up so early. It’s gts time for me!”
- “Sweet dreams!” they exclaim.
On Snapchat, How to Use “GTS”
Use it to add a caption to a photograph. Add “GTS” to a photo to convey that you’re having a good time, or to a memory to signify that the photo reminds you of a fun time.
For example, you could caption a flashback photo of several friends, “GTS on vacation with these fools!”
Finish a conversation on a happy note.
If you’re communicating on Snapchat, say “GTS” to end the conversation and thank the person for their time. Like “TTYL,” you can use it in a sentence or as a sign-off (“talk to you later”). For example:
- They are: “Now I have to go to drama rehearsal. We’ll talk afterwards!”
- You are: “No worries, haha. Gts!”
Reminisce about good times.
To demonstrate that you had a good time at a previous event, use the exclamation “G.T.S.” If you’re telling someone what you’re up to, you may also use it to talk about how much fun you’re having right now. For example:
- “How are you spending your day?” they inquire.
- You are: “Come through, I’m at Becca’s pool party! It’s gts, of course.”
How to Text a Response to “GTS”
Say your farewells or goodnights. “G.T.S” denotes that the other person is about to pass out (imagine them lying in bed, texting till they can’t stay awake any longer). Finish your talk swiftly but politely—you can call back later!
- They are: “I’m about to pass out, man. I’m going to gts right now. We’ll talk afterwards!”
- You are: “Okay, now go to sleep! I’ll send you a text message tomorrow.”
On Snapchat, how do you respond to “GTS”?
Include more amusing details in your response. Add in some of your greatest recollections from that day if you’re reminiscing via Snapchat DMs with a pal about a former encounter and they say “G.T.S.” It’s a good approach to keep the conversation going and bond over the event.
- They are: “I’m remembering Carlos’ sketch show from the weekend. Gts!”
- You are: “Yes, I agree! I couldn’t stop laughing at his clumsy cashier role.”
Match their elation. “G.T.S” connotes a positive attitude and a high level of activity. Reply with a humorous exclamation like “Wooo!” or an eager string of emojis. For example, if a friend sends you a selfie from their vacation with the text “Gts in Miami!” you could respond: “”
- “You’re looking great!”
Continue the discussion. It could be said to indicate that someone needs to finish the conversation or that they agree with you. Change the subject, continue talking about what you were talking about, or come back to it later.
- “Do you recall when we went to Punch Bowl Social?” you say.
- “Yeah!!! gts,” they say.
- “We should go back there soon!” you say.
Alternative Definitions for “GTS”
“Google that sh*t” is another definition of “GTS.”
This version can also be found in the comments section of a TikTok, Instagram, or Twitter post. It’s a manner of expressing exasperation or irritation when someone asks a question you don’t care about or don’t want to answer.
“How much did that suitcase cost?” they inquire.
“I’m not sure, gts!” you say.
Some folks may abbreviate “GTS” as “Going through sh*t.”
When someone asks how you’re doing and you’re having a bad day, use it this way. It’s a subtle way of indicating that you’re stressed without revealing too much information.
- “How are you doing?” they ask.
- “I’ve been much better, very gts this week,” you say.
Global Trading System
The Pokemon G.T.S is a “Global Trading System” that allows users to trade characters over the internet. Whether a player has a free or premium account determines whether they have access to the GTS.
GTS is classified as an initialism abbreviation since it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e. “Gee Tee Ess”). Initialisms are distinct from acronyms, which are uttered in the same way as words. G.T.S, on the other hand, is not commonly uttered with its letters. It is mainly used for writing efficiency rather than speaking efficiency.
- How to pair Apple Watch to new phone easily and quickly
- Best gaming laptop to buy for 2021 at all sizes and prices
- How to remove windows from my Mac computer easily and quickly
- Hulu Free Trial: How to Get 30 Days of Hulu for Free
- How to add a footnote in Word in the best easy and quickly way
- How to put a video in Google slides easily and quickly
- How to turn a PDF into a Word Document easily and quickly
- How to take a screenshot on a Hewlett Packard easily and quickly
- 2022’s Top Online Photo Printing Services
- Why I can’t skip ads on Youtube and solution