- 1 iPhone Transfer Software allows you transferring files between your iPhone and your Mac
- 2 Using iTunes File Sharing, you can transferring files from your Mac to your iPhone
- 3 AirDrop allows you to transferring files from your Mac to your iPhone or vice versa
- 4 Email Files from a Mac to an iPhone or an iPhone to a Mac
- 5 iCloud Drive allows you to sync files between your iPhone and Mac
- 6 Dropbox allows you to transferring files from your Mac to your iPhone or vice versa
- 7 Transferring Files from Your Mac to Your iPhone by Syncing
- 8 Is Transferring Files Between Your iPhone and Mac Safe?
- 9 Final Words
- 10 Some frequently asked questions about transferring files between your iPhone and Mac
Among these data transfer requirements, the need to learn how to transfer files from a Mac to an iPhone or an iPhone to a Mac appears to take precedence. This is most likely due to the fact that it is less known and, therefore, more difficult. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of SEVEN methods for transferring files between an iPhone and a Mac. These methods will assist you in transferring files from your Mac to your iPhone or sending files from your iPhone to your Mac.
iPhone Transfer Software allows you transferring files between your iPhone and your Mac
Photos, Videos, Audio Files (Music, Ringtones, Voice Memos, Audiobooks), Books, Contacts (in HTML), and Messages are all supported (from iPhone to Mac)
If you wish to transfer material such as images, videos, or music from your Mac to your iPhone or from your iPhone to your Mac, you can utilize EaseUS MobiMover. It allows you to exchange files between a Mac and an iOS device (iPhone/iPad running iOS 8 or later) as well as transfer data between iPhones. You can, for example, send a single file, many files, or all of these files of various types all at once between your iPhone and Mac.
To transfer files from your Mac to your iPhone, follow these steps:
Step 1: Connect your new iPhone to your Mac via USB cable and, if a pop-up appears, tap “Trust This Computer.” Launch EaseUS MobiMover and select “Mac to Phone” from the main menu, as shown in the screenshot below. To begin transferring files from your Mac to your iOS device, click “Select Files.”
Step 2: Browse your Mac’s files and select the items you want to move. Click “Open” after that.
Step 3: On the right side, you can see a preview of the files you’ve chosen. Click “Add File” or just drag and drop files to the designated area if you want to add new items to transfer at this stage. Finally, select “Transfer” to begin simultaneously transferring data from your Mac to your iPhone. While transferring, keep your iPhone connected. When the procedure is complete, go to the appropriate location on your iPhone and open the appropriate app to view the synced data.
Aside from exchanging files between your Mac and your iPhone/iPad, EaseUS MobiMover may also assist you when:
- Files can be transferred between a PC and an iPhone.
- Data can be copied from one iPhone to another.
- Videos from YouTube and a variety of other websites can be downloaded to a PC or an iPhone/iPad.
- On a computer, you can view iPhone material.
As a result, you can also download Twitch video if necessary. Get EaseUS MobiMover now and let it be your trusted companion.
Using iTunes File Sharing, you can transferring files from your Mac to your iPhone
Files generated with Keynote, Numbers, and Pages are supported.
File sharing programs allow you to share files between your Mac and iPhone. Check the documentation of an app to determine if it supports this functionality. Connect your iPhone to your computer in the first step.
- Step 2: On your Mac, click the “Device” button above the sidebar of the iTunes window in the iTunes software.
- Step 3: Select “File Sharing” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: From the list on the left, choose the app to which you want to transfer a file.
- Step 5: Begin transferring files from your iPhone to your Mac.
- To transfer files from your Mac to your iPhone, go to “Add,” choose the file you wish to transfer, and then click “Add.”
- To send files from your iPhone to your Mac, go to the right-hand list and select the file you want to send, then click “Save to” and choose where you want to save it. Then select “Save To” one more.
When it’s finished, you can look at the files in the appropriate app or location.
AirDrop allows you to transferring files from your Mac to your iPhone or vice versa
Photos, videos, websites, locations, and more are all supported files.
On iOS devices and Macs, AirDrop is the built-in file-sharing software. With AirDrop turned on, you can share files over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi between two iOS devices or between an iOS device and a Mac. Contacts can be transferred from iPhone to iPhone via AirDrop, photographs can be sent from Mac to iPhone via AirDrop, and so on. As a result, utilizing AirDrop to transfer files between your iPhone and Mac is convenient.
To use AirDrop to transferring files between an iPhone and a Mac, follow these steps:
Step 1: Enable AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad.
- On your iOS device, go to “Control Center.”
- Make sure both “Bluetooth” and “Wi-Fi” are turned on, then tap “AirDrop” and choose whether “Contacts Only” or “Everyone” should be able to find your iPhone.
Step 2: On your Mac, enable AirDrop.
- To enable AirDrop on your Mac, go to “Finder” > “Go” > “AirDrop” and turn on “Bluetooth” and “WiFi.”
- “Allow to be discovered by” should be set to “Everyone” or “Contacts Only.”
Step 3: To transferring files between your Mac and your iPhone/iPad, use AirDrop.
You may now easily share files from your Mac to your iPhone or iPad using AirDrop. With AirDrop, you may transferring files from your Mac to your iPhone in two ways.
- Drag and drop the photographs you want to transmit from Mac to iPhone onto the recipient’s image, then click “Send.”
- Alternatively, you can use an App’s “Share” button, select “AirDrop,” select the recipient, and then click “Done.”
Email Files from a Mac to an iPhone or an iPhone to a Mac
Photos, videos, and documents are all supported.
Any file that can be attached to an email can be moved from your Mac to your iPhone.
If you wish to transferring files from your Mac to your iPhone, start a new email on your computer, attach the files you want to send, then send the email to your own account. Check your email on your iPhone after that, and then download the contents to your iOS device. Create an email and send it to the Mac via the Email app if you wish to transferring files from an iPhone to a Mac.
Depending on the size of the files and the strength of the network connection, methods like AirDrop or email may take a long time to transfer files. If you only need to transmit a few files of a small size, these solutions are recommended. If not, look into other options that will save you a lot of time.
iCloud Drive allows you to sync files between your iPhone and Mac
Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and other files are all supported.
Users can utilize iCloud Drive to save files in the cloud and access them from iCloud.com, Macs, PCs, and iOS devices. You have complete control over which folders and files are saved in iCloud Drive. You can access these files on all of your devices with the same Apple ID if you enable iCloud Drive. (If your iCloud Drive isn’t syncing, first read this article to learn how to fix it.)
To use iCloud Drive to sync files between your iPhone and Mac, follow these steps:
Step 1: On your iPhone and Mac, enable iCloud Drive.
- On an iPhone, go to “Settings” > [your name] > “iCloud” and turn on “iCloud Drive” at the bottom.
- On a Mac, go to the Apple menu > “System Preferences” > “iCloud” > “iCloud Drive,” and then pick it.
Step 2: From the source device, upload the files you want to transfer to iCloud Drive.
Step 3: On the target device, download the files to iCloud Drive.
If you’re not sure how to upload or download files through iCloud Drive, consult the Apple Support user handbook for instructions.
Dropbox allows you to transferring files from your Mac to your iPhone or vice versa
Photos, Videos, Word Documents, Excel Files, PPTs, Text Files, Zip Files, Audio Files… are all supported.
Other cloud storage services, such as Dropbox and Google Drive, allow you to transfer data between an iPhone and a Mac in addition to iCloud. As an example, consider Dropbox.
To exchange files between an iPhone and a Mac using Dropbox, follow these steps:
Step 1: On both your Mac and iPhone, download and install Dropbox. And use the same Dropbox account to log in to the app.
Step 2: To transfer files from your Mac to your iPhone, first upload them to Dropbox on your Mac. Upload the data from your iPhone to Dropbox to send files from your iPhone to your Mac.
Step 3: Check and download the files using the Dropbox app on the destination device (Make sure the devices are connected to the network in a steady manner).
Transferring Files from Your Mac to Your iPhone by Syncing
Music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, audiobooks, books, photos, and documents are all supported.
If you have the latest version of macOS Catalina installed on your Mac, you can sync files directly between the Mac and iPhone via USB cable or over the same Wi-Fi connection.
To transfer files from your iPhone to your Mac using a USB cord, follow these steps:
Step 1: Connect the devices with a USB cord.
Step 2: Select your iDevice in “Finder.”
Step 3: Choose the categories of content you wish to share, such as music, movies, files, and more, and a list of apps will appear.
Step 4: To begin transferring files from Mac to iPhone, drag a file or files from a Finder window into the app.
To exchange files between a Mac and an iPhone over a Wi-Fi connection, follow these steps:
Step 1: Set up Wi-Fi syncing.
- Using a USB cord, connect the iPhone to the Mac.
- Select your iDevice in the sidebar of Finder.
- Check the option “Show this [device] when on Wi-Fi” under the “General” page.
Step 2: Set the syncing options to meet your needs, then click “Apply.”
Step 3: Select the iPhone in the sidebar and sync it once your iPhone and Mac are linked through Wi-Fi.
Is Transferring Files Between Your iPhone and Mac Safe?
Yes, transferring your files is 100% secure! Some people believe that simply connecting your phone to your computer and vice versa, you can easily transfer viruses with files. While this may have been true in the past, and may still be true for some devices today, Apple’s operating system makes it extremely difficult for malware to spread in this manner.
Viruses can’t conjure up the system they need to infect your device because all apps run in their own virtual area. So, rest assured, utilizing any of the methods, you may effortlessly move files between your devices. It’s absolutely safe, and there’s a slim possibility that your data will be compromised.
There must be one solution among the seven that properly meets your desire to transfer a file between a Mac and an iPhone. It’s important to note that if you choose to sync files, the synced data may overwrite existing files on the target device. Furthermore, if you share files using cloud storage services, any files you delete from one device will be destroyed from all of your other devices. If you don’t want to do that, there are other options.
When deciding how to send files from a Mac to an iPhone or an iPhone to a Mac, keep in mind the precise file type(s) you want to transfer, as each of the techniques below supports different file kinds. With this in mind, choose the most appropriate method for transferring documents, images, and other data between your Mac and iPhone in a matter of minutes.
Some frequently asked questions about transferring files between your iPhone and Mac
How can I move large files from my Mac to my iPhone?
If you want to transfer large files from your Mac to your phone to watch on a trip or whatever, the USB cable technique is the best option. The USB cable method is excellent for large files.
Is it possible to transfer to a Windows PC using the same method?
While you can transfer data between Windows PCs using a USB cable, other methods such as AirDrop or iCloud may not work as well. In situations like this, it’s ideal to utilize a file-sharing program like AirDroid because you can share between multiple devices with just one app.
Which method is the quickest for transferring files from an iPhone to a Mac?
A USB cable connection is usually the quickest way to transmit any file. However, if you routinely back up your data to iCloud, it’s typically just a matter of downloading your file. As a result, that could be quicker as well.
- How to pair Apple Watch to new phone easily and quickly
- Best gaming laptop to buy for 2021 at all sizes and prices
- How to remove windows from my Mac computer easily and quickly
- Hulu Free Trial: How to Get 30 Days of Hulu for Free
- How to add a footnote in Word in the best easy and quickly way
- How to put a video in Google slides easily and quickly
- How to turn a PDF into a Word Document easily and quickly
- How to take a screenshot on a Hewlett Packard easily and quickly
- 2022’s Top Online Photo Printing Services
- Why I can’t skip ads on Youtube and solution