If you’ve ever tried to meet someone at a specific spot but didn’t know the actual address, you’d definitely appreciate being able to tell them where you are without knowing the specifics. That’s exactly what your iPhone allows you to share location: share your GPS location with anyone with a single swipe. Because of obvious privacy issues, your phone does not always broadcast your location. You must instead opt to send your location to a specific individual.
You have several alternatives for doing so, including sending your current position to someone using Messages, Contacts, Google Maps, or Apple Maps. And, depending on the app, you may broadcast your current location once or share it for an extended period of time, which is useful if you’re on the go and want someone to be able to find you wherever you are.
How to Enable iPhone Location Services
Make sure location services are turned on before share location with anyone.
- Launch the Settings application.
- Select “Privacy,” then “Location Services.”
- Swipe the slider to the right to enable Location Services.
- To share location with someone continually over an extended period of time (rather than merely sending a one-time location message), tap “Share My Location” and then toggle it on by swiping the slider to the right.
- Start a chat with the individual to whom you’d like to send your location.
- Tap the icon for the person you’re conversing with at the top of the screen.
- Select the type of location sharing you wish to undertake by tapping the info symbol I in a circle):
- Tap “Send My Current Location” to send your current location.
If you want to share your location for a set length of time, touch “Share My Location,” then select how long you want your location to be available for — an hour, the remainder of the day, or forever.
- Tap “Done.”
How to Communicate Your Location to a Contact
The Contacts app allows you to share your location with others.
- Launch the Contacts application.
- Locate the individual with whom you wish to share your location and press on the contact.
- Tap “Share My Location,” and then specify how long your location should be exposed
You can share location immediately from Google Maps if you have it open.
- Launch Google Maps.
- Tap the blue dot that represents your location (if you don’t see it, tap the arrow in the lower right to center your position on the map).
- Select “Share your location” from the pop-up menu.
- You can specify how long you wish to share your location for. You can extend the time to three days by selecting “Until you turn this off.”
- Select “Select People.”
- Select each contact on your list who you wish to include. You can contact them using an email address or phone number by tapping the downward pointing arrow.
- When you’re finished, touch “Share” in the upper right corner.
Apple Maps, like Google Maps, allows you to share your position, however the method is significantly different.
- Launch Apple Maps.
- Tap the blue dot that displays your location (if you don’t see it, tap the arrow in the upper right to center your position on the map).
- Select “Share My Location” from the pop-up menu.
- Select the app with which you want to share your location, and then select the individual with whom you wish to share.
>> Read more:
- The 5 Best Methods for Transferring Files Between an iPhone and a Mac
- Best gaming laptop to buy for 2021 at all sizes and prices
- How to remove windows from my Mac computer easily and quickly
- Hulu Free Trial: How to Get 30 Days of Hulu for Free
- How to add a footnote in Word in the best easy and quickly way
- How to put a video in Google slides easily and quickly
- How to turn a PDF into a Word Document easily and quickly
- How to take a screenshot on a Hewlett Packard easily and quickly
- 2022’s Top Online Photo Printing Services
- Why I can’t skip ads on Youtube and solution