How to Scan a QR Code with Your iPhone
To scan a QR code on your iPhone, simply use the Camera app and point your device at the QR code. Once the QR code is inside the box on your screen, tap the pop-up banner or the yellow QR code indicator in the bottom-right corner.
- On your iPhone, launch the Camera app. Swiping left from the lock screen will immediately launch the camera app. Alternatively, you can swipe down from the center of your home screen and type “Camera” into the top-right search bar.
- Then, using your iPhone, scan the QR code. You don’t have to occupy the entire screen, but make sure you can see the QR code in all four corners of the app. When you scan the QR icon successfully, a pop-up banner appears above it, and a yellow QR code icon appears in the bottom right corner.
- Finally, in the bottom-right corner of the app, tap the pop-up banner or the QR icon. This will immediately redirect you to the website, open the app, or conduct another action, so make sure you understand what the banner does before you press on it.
If you don’t see the banner or QR icon, check sure the Scan QR Codes feature is turned on. To do so, go to Settings > Camera and tap the slider next to Scan QR Codes. When it turns green, you know it’s turned on.
If you still don’t see the pop-up banner or QR code indicator, photograph it and open it in the Photos app. Then, in the bottom-right corner, tap the Live Text symbol, which looks like three lines in a box. Finally, tap the QR code to bring up the pop-up banner.
Scan a QR Code with an Android Phone
You can scan a QR code on Android 8 or later by opening the camera app, pointing your phone at the QR code, then touching the pop-up banner. If you don’t see the pop-up banner, you can scan the QR icon with the Google Lens app instead.
- Launch the Camera app on your Android device. Swiping up from the bottom of your screen will bring up the camera app. Alternatively, you can enter “Camera” into the search box on your home screen.
- Then, using your Android phone, scan the QR icon. Ensure that the QR code is visible in all four corners of the viewfinder. A pop-up banner should show if you are running Android 8 or later.
- Finally, click on the pop-up banner. This will immediately redirect you to the website, open the app, or conduct another action, so make sure you understand what the banner does before you press on it.
If the banner does not appear, you can use Google Lens instead. On your screen, you might notice the Lens icon (which looks like a circle inside a broken box). Alternatively, you may need to hit Modes (or More) in the bottom-right corner of the app and then Lens. Then, to scan the QR icon, place it between the white lines and tap the magnifying glass icon.
On some phones, you can also access Lens by tapping and holding the QR code on your screen until you see a multi-colored spinning wheel. Then, when the pop-up banner displays above the QR code, tap it.
If Google Lens does not appear in your camera app, you may need to enable it in your settings. You may check your camera settings in the app or in your Android’s general settings. Then check the box for Google Lens suggestions.
The Google Lens app is also available for download through the Google Play Store. To scan the QR code, move it to the middle of the viewfinder and hit the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of your screen.
Your phone may not be compatible with the app if you are running Android 7 or earlier, however you may already have the Google Lens feature on your Android device. To find out, tap the bottom of your device’s Home button (or the line at the bottom of your screen) until the Google Assistant appears. Then, either tap the Google Lens icon or pick the microphone icons, and say “open Google Lens.”
If all else fails, snap a picture or screenshot of the QR icon, open the Google Photos app, and hit the Google Lens icon beneath that image.
>> Read more:
- The 5 Best Methods for Transferring Files Between an iPhone and a Mac
- Best gaming laptop to buy for 2021 at all sizes and prices
- How to remove windows from my Mac computer easily and quickly
- Hulu Free Trial: How to Get 30 Days of Hulu for Free
- How to add a footnote in Word in the best easy and quickly way
- How to put a video in Google slides easily and quickly
- How to turn a PDF into a Word Document easily and quickly
- How to take a screenshot on a Hewlett Packard easily and quickly
- 2022’s Top Online Photo Printing Services
- Why I can’t skip ads on Youtube and solution