Dark Mode is a color transition feature that uses light-colored text, icons, and graphical user interface elements on a dark background.
This feature is found in smartphones, laptops, and social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
It changes the default light mode (light-color) of the system’s display to black or gray. It is also known as black mode or night mode.
This is a great display setting that you can enable at night to prevent damage to your eyes when using social media on your mobile device or computer.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to get dark mode on Snapchat for your Android phone and iPhone.
How to Turn on Dark Mode on Snapchat for iPhone
It is very easy to turn on dark mode on Snapchat on iPhone. Let’s see how to do it.
- Open the Snapchat app on your mobile device.
- Go to your profile by tapping on Bitmoji at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down the screen and find App Appearance and tap on it.
- Select Always Dark.
Also Read: How to Remove Multiple Friends on Snapchat
How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat for Android
Unfortunately, the dark mode feature for Android is not yet officially available on Snapchat.
But don’t worry you can get dark mode on Snapchat for your Android phone by enabling “Force Dark Mode” from your phone system settings.
Before enabling “Force Dark Mode”, first turn on Dark Mode on your phone.
In this guide, I have used a Samsung Android phone, other brand phones may have a slightly different process.
If you use a phone like Xiaomi, Oppo, or Vivo then first turn on dark mode and then enable developer mode and go to developer options and enable override force-dark or force-dark mode. After enabling it, you’ll now be in dark mode when you open the Snapchat app.
Here’s the process for Samsung users:
- Swipe down the screen and tap the gear icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Find Display and tap on it.
- Select Dark.
- Go back to Settings then scroll down the screen and find About phone, and tap on it.
- Find Software information and tap on it.
- Find the Build number and tap it 7 times repeatedly. After tapping 7 times, input your Password/PIN to enable Developer Mode.
- Go back to Settings and tap on Developer options.
- Scroll down the screen and find Force Dark Mode and enable it.
After that, when you open the Snapchat app you will now be in dark mode.
The latest versions of the Snapchat app do not respond to force dark mode and remain in light mode. So you have to install the Snapchat 10.61.2.0 Beta (09 July 2019) on your Android phone.
Dark Mode, also known as Night Mode, is a display setting that uses light-colored text, icons, and graphical user interface elements on a dark background. It is also found on Snapchat and you can enable it. In this guide, you learned how to get dark mode on Snapchat on Android and iPhone.
For more information please see the list of How to turn on dark mode on snapchat